ADV

ADV

Thursday 31 July 2014

Lady Gaga Covers Harper’s Bazaar: “I Look For Clothes With A Soul”.

Lady Gaga Harpers Bazaar 2014

Lady Gaga talks with designer Karl Lagerfeld about her style, her French bulldog Asia, and her newfound friendship with Tony Bennett in the September issue of Harper’s Bazaar.
Gaga, who posed with her precious pup for the magazine’s cover, told Lagerfeld she has a “very special bond” with her pet.
“Asia is my inspiration for many things,” she tells the designer. “She has really shown me the importance of living in the moment. If I don’t, I’ll miss a precious look on her face!”
The “Do What U Want” singer notes, “She is a very romantic and loving animal, and this sort of poetry is what art is all about.”
Not surprisingly, the pop star is also motivated by the style of past icons, and has been “looking far and wide for the best vintage fashion.”
“I love wearing clothes knowing that I’m carrying the spirit of previous fashionistas, and living out more of their fantasies, and my own,” she explains. “I believe clothes carry the soul of the designer and the person wearing them forever, so I look for clothes with a soul. Perhaps it’s something only I can see. But I know it’s real.”
As for her collaboration with Bennett, Gaga says the legendary crooner “has completely changed my life.”
“It’s been a sort of secret that I’ve been singing jazz since I was 13,” she says. “I was a jazz singer before I was a pop singer.”
She notes, “Tony is such a gentleman. He really treats me like a lady.”
“I feel so healed by my relationship with him because some men were very bad to me when I was young and in the studio,” adds Gaga. “Tony showed me what the elegant and old-school cats were like. Our recording sessions were beautiful, memorable. We’ve built a deep friendship. There are 60 years between us, but when we sing together there is no distance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment