ADV

ADV

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Lana Del Rey says she 'F**ked My Way To The Top'.


Lana Del Rey says 'Fucked My Way To The Top' song is commentary on public perception of her
 
Lana Del Rey has claimed that her song 'Fucked My Way To The Top' is partly autobiographical and that she included it on her new album as a way of alluding to the public's perception of her as a person.

Del Rey released her second album, 'Ultraviolence', in June, with the song in question included alongside lead single 'West Coast' on the tracklist.

Speaking to Complex about 'Fucked My Way To The Top', Del Rey says: "It's commentary, like, 'I know what you think of me,' and I’m alluding to that. You know, I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry, but none of them helped me get my record deals. Which is annoying."

Elsewhere in the interview, the US singer discusses the end of a recent relationship, possibly with rumoured partner Barrie-James O'Neill of Scottish band Kassidy, which ended badly. Asked about something she has destroyed recently, Del Rey says: "Probably the relationship I've been in for the last three years. Definitely demolished that through tons of depression and insecurity. Now it’s just an untenable relationship, impossible because of my emotional instability."

Del Rey also says that the most important lesson she has learned is "that love doesn't come easily and that relationships are supposed to be a struggle. Everything else is so hard; hopefully love is the one thing that is actually fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment